Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
RoA 3: Can't get to the worm queen
Hallo,

ich kann nicht hereintreten Ameisenkönigin Höhle . ich sehe Zeichen "Königin ist hier , ich kann fühlte ihre Anwesenheit. Auftritt von Tür habe etwas Auswirkung auf Spiel-Held"
http://img181.imageshack.us/i/riva260.png/

Spiegel Kampf - ewig Zwerg . ich kann nicht töten ihm.
http://img142.imageshack.us/i/riva258.png/

Könnten Sie mir bitte helfen?

p.s Entschuldigung für sprache, Wörterbuch + babelfish ...
Hi His. :)

is writing in English easier for you? Then do it, no problem.

@thread
How much RAM have you set in DOSBox for "Shadows over Riva"? Try 32 MB or 64 MB to avoid this bug, maybe you have not enough, so Riva can't load the sequence letting you go through to the worm queen.
I have played the english version as well, but haven't encountered any problems. Maybe you have an older savegame before the fight against your mirror images? Then try again with higher RAM settings, probably the buggy dwarf doesn't appear anymore.

Feel free to ask, if it's not solved.
Zum NLT-Wiki: http://nlt-wiki.crystals-dsa-foren.de/doku.php , Zum Drakensang-Wiki: http://drakensang-wiki.crystals-dsa-foren.de/doku.php
KEIN SUPPORT per E-Mail, PN, IRC, ICQ! Lest die Regeln und benutzt das Forum für sämtliche Anfragen! KEINE persönliche Betreuung!
Hi Crystal.

I did as You ask , but i still have problem with invincible dwarf and ant queen entrance. I'm really desperate now , i have been trying to solve this problem for a whole day. It's rather frustrating when you play a good game 3 days in a row and can't finish it :( . The sad part is,that there is virtually no info in English about this game ...

p.s how bad was my "German translation " ? :)
Hmm. I would suggest to attach your savegame into your next post, so I could test it with my game. :think:
At the bottom of the white message area you find a button to load up attachments. Please pack your savegame as ZIP or RAR, before uploading it. Else the upload will be denied from the board.

(09.09.2009, 21:54)His schrieb: The sad part is,that there is virtually no info in English about this game ...
If you think so, you might not know about my map site yet. ;) There you find maps with detailed (spoiling) descriptions for all quests and for all parts of the Realms of Arkania series. In German and English language (manually translated!) available, because I know of the lack of english informations.

(09.09.2009, 21:54)His schrieb: p.s how bad was my "German translation " ? :)
It wasn't bad. :) German grammar structures are different from English ones, but not difficult to understand, if you change places of the words in sentences.
Your mentioned "ant queen" is only a "worm queen", that's all. :D

EDIT: The correct translation of "worm queen" into German is "Wurmkönigin". I will change the thread topic later...
Zum NLT-Wiki: http://nlt-wiki.crystals-dsa-foren.de/doku.php , Zum Drakensang-Wiki: http://drakensang-wiki.crystals-dsa-foren.de/doku.php
KEIN SUPPORT per E-Mail, PN, IRC, ICQ! Lest die Regeln und benutzt das Forum für sämtliche Anfragen! KEINE persönliche Betreuung!
I'm really grateful for Your help .

About Your maps, they really helped me during the game . Especially the "worm queen" labyrinth part :D.
I have uploaded my last save game , before entering hall of mirrors.

Angehängte Dateien
.rar   GAMES.rar (Größe: 94,34 KB / Downloads: 3)
OK, please check back later. Maybe I find something out until today evening (it's past midnight though). :)
I also took a look and I cannot get the dwarf to appear on my English copy of the game (Riva 1.01 US). How exactly do you configure DOSBox, and what version of DOSBox are you using?
I'm using newest version of d-fend(db 0.73) , with configuration posted on this site.
Are You able to fight the ant queen? Because tbh dwarf is not that important (traversalis :)).
(09.09.2009, 23:40)His schrieb: Are You able to fight the ant queen? Because tbh dwarf is not that important (traversalis :)).
I, in fact, have just beaten the game with your save. However I could not use Transversalis or Visibli to bypass the mirror images, it is mandatory in the English 1.01 (like in the German 1.12) to beat them in order to get to the queen. And I doublechecked that. Bypassing that fight is only possible in the bug ridden German version 1.00.

(09.09.2009, 23:40)His schrieb: I'm using newest version of d-fend(db 0.73) , with configuration posted on this site.
Do you mean these configuration files? Anyway try opening the conf-file and change the line
Code:
memsize=32
to
Code:
memsize=63
And try again.

On second thought before you get into a DOSBox configuration nightmare: here is a save just after the fight, just run ahead until the cutscene kicks in.

Angehängte Dateien
.zip   queen.zip (Größe: 13,73 KB / Downloads: 4)
Finally back online ...
(10.09.2009, 00:10)Borbaradwurm schrieb:
(09.09.2009, 23:40)His schrieb: Are You able to fight the ant queen? Because tbh dwarf is not that important (traversalis :)).
I, in fact, have just beaten the game with your save. However I could not use Transversalis or Visibli to bypass the mirror images, it is mandatory in the English 1.01 (like in the German 1.12) to beat them in order to get to the queen. And I doublechecked that. Bypassing that fight is only possible in the bug ridden German version 1.00.
Strange , because i was not able to use Your save game , yet You have finished the game using mine .

(09.09.2009, 23:40)His schrieb: I'm using newest version of d-fend(db 0.73) , with configuration posted on this site.

Do you mean these configuration files? Anyway try opening the conf-file and change the line
Code:
memsize=32
to
Code:
memsize=63
And try again.

Already did that with no luck.
Borbaradwurm schrieb: On second thought before you get into a DOSBox configuration nightmare: here is a save just after the fight, just run ahead until the cutscene kicks in.
I was not able to use Your savegame ( i got message that savegame is in different language version ) .But i was able to get my hands on another copy of the game (i was using Shadows over riva Master 1.01 UK, now i have shadows over riva Master V1.1.23 - US) and i was able to end the game using savegame that you provided.

Maybe You could post what version do You have together with riva.exe , and (if You have ) save game before mirror fight .
(18.09.2009, 14:21)His schrieb: I was not able to use Your savegame ( i got message that savegame is in different language version ) .But i was able to get my hands on another copy of the game (i was using Shadows over riva Master 1.01 UK, now i have shadows over riva Master V1.1.23 - US) and i was able to end the game using savegame that you provided.

Maybe You could post what version do You have together with riva.exe , and (if You have ) save game before mirror fight .
That is very wierd indeed as I have "Shadows over Riva - Master V1.01 - US". I was under the impression that the UK and US version were the same thing, only distributed by different companies (Sir-Tech in America and U.S. Gold in Europe and Asia). I'll look for a savegame when I'm back home tonight.

By the way that V1.1.23 you have there, this is the first time I hear about a English version beyond V1.01, could you check if there is a file called "R_PAT01.EXE" or so on the CD?

edit: Okay, a few things right away: the executables seem to be interchangeable. The game detects the datafiles somehow and reacts acordingly. You can I was able to use the German 1.12 executable with the English (I'm not sure if they are 100% working on the different datasets) though the version id string read "Shadows over Riva - Master V1.12 - US". Also the game seemed to be able to load the English save games in this configuration which usually does not work with it. So I check what was different in the save game data and turns out that the byte at offset 0xE is a regional lockout 1 = German, 2 = UK and 3 = US which is mainly because the languages use two entirely different tables for level advancement. However the UK and US versions use the same so it's save to edit it acordingly. Here is the same savegame that should work for the UK version.

Angehängte Dateien
.zip   queen_uk.zip (Größe: 13,73 KB / Downloads: 1)
Good to know about version differences. Could You tell me how i can change game version in save game?(because i can't use my old save games in us version ). Maybe in us version i won't get that terrible dwarf problem and my mind will be finally at ease . I was able to watch movies , and kill the queen using savegame that You provided but still , i would like to finish mirror fight myself :).

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste