Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
The CRPG Book Project needs Arkania Reviews
(06.07.2015, 18:10)Rabenaas schrieb: Your suggestion amounts to two pages for RoA and one for each other? Should be fine and could be done in a month or two.
Put the quotes on the temporary wiki page if you like, so everyone can chime in who has an account. ;)
No, I meant two pages for Blade of Destiny, two for Star Trail and one for Shadows over Rivia. Is this confusing?

Anyway, I couldn't understand the wiki's interface in German, so I'll just post the quotes I found interesting here:

“The area where these games truly excelled, in my opinion, was the micromanagement of characters. I know, it sounds bad, but for many players this is what they were looking forward to. We wanted to make the most hardcore RPG out there, and I think we succeeded, all the way down to making sure players were feeding their characters on a regular schedule. Naturally, this kind of level of detail did not sit well with everyone. Many players and reviewers criticized the games for having too many minutiae in them to keep track of.”

“I have always felt that real-time combat in a party based game is not only unrealistic but also extremely limiting. The beauty of role-playing is that you let your imagination go wild - if you force the player to revert to reflexive H*cking and slashing, you are, in a way, defeating the purpose of RPGs. I prefer to take my time, appraise a situation and make tactical decisions.”

“These were niche products. It is easy to glorify these games in retrospect with nostalgic glasses on, but the fact of the matter is that compared to many other games and genres, games like Star Trail simply did not nearly make as much money. As a result publishers turned their backs on these kinds of hardcore games and instead went down the path of streamlined mainstream products, especially since Baldur’s Gate proved very clearly at the time that there is a market for light role-playing games.”

These are all from Guido Henkel, in this interview: http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=8620

“Many of today’s games are like fast-food. They are slick, simple, fast and pretty, but they have very little substance. The moment you finished your burger, you forget about it. Games like the Realms of Arkania trilogy operated on a different level, partially because they were very unforgiving and because they forced you to pay attention. It’s not that the games were unfairly harsh, but if you made a bad decision, you would suffer the consequences eventually.”

This one is also from Guido and came from this interview: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/11/...ethermore/

I would like to feature a quote from Hans-Jürgen Brändle, since he was the director of these games, but I found no interview with him. :/

Nachrichten in diesem Thema
RE: The CRPG Book Project needs Arkania Reviews - von felipepepe - 06.07.2015, 23:35

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 2 Gast/Gäste